Sunday, October 19, 2014

Nightmare to Reality: What is this?

A month before it happened, I awoke one night with sweaty palms and hair sticking to my face. "Hannah died in a car accident" was the voice I heard in my dream. What?...
For weeks, I thought about the nightmare. Why did I hear that Hannah died in a car accident? Which Hannah? I know many.


"The parents of Hannah *last name* ask for your prayers, she died in a car accident yesterday".

WHAT!!! 

I scooped my baby niece into my arms as my family let out astonished sobs. Hannah? Sweet, little Hannah? No, Lord, too soon! I ran upstairs with her in my arms, so she wouldn't witness the immediate grief that was hitting all of our hearts. My pulse was skyrocketing. The dream, that voice. It came true. All of my fear, my anxiety that lasted for a summer, it wasn't just me. That nightmare became reality; a nightmare for so many that I couldn't make sense of because I did not want to possibly know what it could mean or entail for myself or those around me.

It's been three weeks since Hannah was giggling on this earth, excited to enter high school. Last week I was supposed to hang out with her, mentor her into the stage of young womanhood, encourage her to always seek after Jesus. Yet, on the anniversary date of her big brother's heavenly arrival, Hannah tasted eternal glory. For what is unseen to us is now seen to her, with every glorious promise entailed.

I am haunted, though. Why was I told of this before the events occurred? This isn't the first time. I wish I could end this with something encouraging, a revelation I had since then. I am so confused. Please offer wisdom and insight, if you feel inclined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment